Menu
315.364.5100
Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

Reserve Chardonnay 2013

Reserve Chardonnay 2013
Co-Owner's Choice!
In Stock
Add To Cart
$18.99
/ 750mL/13.5%
SKU: B-KF-00010-13
Wine Specs
Vintage
2013
Varietal
Chardonnay
Appellation
Cayuga Lake
Vineyard Designation
King Ferry Vineyards
Aging
11 months in oak
Residual Sugar
0.3%
Alcohol %
13.5
Wine Enthusiast
86
Robert Parker
88
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
• Buttery • Creamy • Smooth • Pear • Oak
Ratings
• 88 Rating: Robert Parker "The 2013 Chardonnay Reserve "Treleaven" was aged in used oak (30% second use barrels; the remaining 70% third use or older) for ten months (42% French, 39% Hungarian and the rest American). It comes in at 13.5% alcohol. The wood doesn't sound daunting on paper, but it certainly affects this notably on opening, initially giving it the heaviest oak impact of the winery's Chardonnays this issue. That was deceptive, because it also had the ability to overcome it. It did the best job of improving with aeration and a bit of warmth. It became steadily more impressive as it aired and warmed. It has the best concentration and structure of the group, a bit of grip on the finish and acidity around the edges. The acidity gives it a fresher feel that makes it rather enticing and eventually puts the oak in its place, allowing this to demonstrate its rather good balance. Overall, if you drink this with food, it should easily be the best choice of the three. For drinking on its own, I'd prefer the Silver Lining, but you won't have a problem sipping this on the porch if you must. The price is nice, too. There were 649 cases produced." [tasted on 3/2016] • 87 Rating: World Value Wine Challenge, BTI "Bright medium gold color. Bright, fruity, earthy aromas of lemon-lime fruit tarts, apple pectin, gravel, and melba toast with a lively, dry medium-to-full body and a warming, involved, snappy finish with firm, fruit tannins and light oak. Lots of nice flavors, comes off as a bit watery." [tasted on 8/20/15] • 86 Rating: Wine Enthusiast Magazine "Dusty minerals and dried orange peels accentuate the savoriness of apple and pear flavors in this full-bodied, slightly rustic Chardonnay. Fresh acidity juxtaposes a supple, approachable mouthfeel. The finish is short and simple." [tasted on 12/31/2015]
Awards
• Silver: 2016 International Eastern Wine Competition • Silver: American Wine Society • Silver: Finger Lakes International
Vineyard Notes
The grapes for this wine were sourced from King Ferry Vineyards on the east side of Cayuga Lake.
Food Pairing Notes
Lobster & crab cakes. Risotto, scallops seared in butter or a creamy butternut squash soup. Pasta tossed in cajun alfredo sauce.
Other Notes
Not Vegan friendly.